Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Taking time for you :)

While I was driving home from work today my mind began to work and plan and think of everything I had to do when I got home. I was listening to music while these thoughts permeated my space when all of a sudden I realized I needed to take a moment for myself and just listen to my music in peace and quite with no distractions. 

My thoughts became a distraction. It was difficult at first to clear my mind and just let it rest for a minute, but once I was able to put all my busy thoughts aside I became calm and peaceful. This peacefulness reminded me that I needed to do something for myself today, something that would make me feel beautiful and happy. 

Sometimes it can be hard to remind ourselves to take time for us and our well-being when life goes by a mile a minute. But this personal attention is so important. Because if we do not feel beautiful and whole how can we share beauty and wholeness with those around us.

Take time for yourself today. That might mean waking up a little early to go on a walk, or stopping for your favorite hot chocolate on your way to work. Do something for yourself that makes you feel beautiful and alive because you are worth it. 

~Hannah



No comments:

Post a Comment