Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Body & Hair Care...The Natural Way

I try to be pretty aware of what products I am putting on my body, hair, and face, and am constantly doing research about new organic products as well as classic ingredients that have now been labeled as disease causing and harmful to your health. Yet, as many of you know, being healthy can be expensive.



So the other day I decided I needed to get a more natural body lotion (besides my almond oil) and my friend had just told me about how to mix coconut oil with cocoa butter to make a body moisturizer. I thought I'd give it a try.

I go into Whole Foods and find organic pure coconut oil and cocoa butter and remember that I also need mascara and toothpaste (I had also decided earlier that day that I needed to buy a more healthy mascara). I also got a gallon of milk because we were out of milk and I wanted to be able to have cereal that night haha.

I'm at the check out stand and I'm thinking, this won't be that expensive, I mean I only got five items. Then the cashier tells me the total and I'm like, Oh my! The total was almost $50, making each item average out to $10 each. But it all added up correctly so what could I do but pay the total.

Moral of the story? Don't be shocked when you're a whole lot poorer but a whole lot healthier. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment